The Victorian Government has announced that Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ will be in reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire from 11:59 on 8 July 2020 to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria. These restrictions will be in place for six weeks and will then be reviewed by the Chief Health Officer.
The return to Stay at Home restrictions mean that businesses within metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire such as restaurants, cafes, pubs, gyms, indoor sporting venues, cinemas, live music, entertainment venues and other businesses are either restricted in their operations or can no longer operate.
Businesses within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire that are affected by the return to Stay at Home restrictions may be eligible for a one-off, $5,000 grant under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program.
Applications for the program close on 19 August 2020.
This program is in addition to the first round of the Business Support Fund, which closed on 1 June 2020.
Eligible businesses must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire
- be a participant in the JobKeeper Payment scheme
- employ people
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for GST as at 30 June 2020
- hold an ABN & have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Similar to JobKeeper, you can either do this yourself, or engage us to take care of this grant on your behalf.
If you are doing this yourself, you will need to provide in your application:
- JobKeeper receipt number (ask us and we will email it to you)
- Most recent JobKeeper business monthly declaration
- Utility bill/lease agreement/council rates (to prove you are in Metro Melbourne)
- WorkCover ID number (to prove you have employees)
- Information about your trust if you are in one
- Explanation of why you have been affected by the lockdown
More information about this Government grant can be found here.
Please let us know asap so we can get started.