We’ve heard this phrase multiple times, and it’s specifically usually when a client has a new mobile phone.
Previously, you had to remove 2 step authenticator from your old phone before you got your new phone, and you no longer need to do that. So it is a bit easier, but still a little tricky.
Here’s what you need to do:
I have a new mobile phone
- Log in to Xero using a web browser. This could be either your computer or your mobile, but not using the app. The 2 step authentication won’t work so you will need to use a backup method instead. (This is your security questions).
- Click on your initials or profile image, then select Account.
If you are using a smartphone, tap on the menu icon at the top right of the screen to find your initials or profile image, then select Account.
- Under Additional Security, click Change in the Connected device section.
- Choose either your security questions or your backup email address to authenticate.
(If you choose your email address, you’ll need to log in to your email and authenticate).
- Xero will now ask you if you are using the Xero Verify app, or your own authenticator app. Choose whichever one you are using.
- Xero will now have a QR code come up on the screen.
- On your new phone, install the authenticator app of your choice.
- Go into the authenticator app and scan this QR code.
- In the authenticator app, a 6 digit code will appear that you will need to enter into Xero.
Help, I actually lost my mobile phone
If you have lost your mobile phone, firstly log in using a web browser and change your password. You’ll need to use your security questions as your authenticator.