Shaun recently was a guest speaker in an investment property live event with Wheatley Finance, called ‘Good Debt, Bad Debt’.
The full recording (a whopping 2 hours of content) hasn’t been released yet, but we will link to it when it becomes available.
To watch Shaun’s snippet of the webinar, click here.
In this half an hour recording, Shaun discusses:
- Residential property investment
- Tax tips for and things to know before becoming a property investor
- Keeping records
- What can be claimed
- Positive vs Negative Gearing and cashflow
- Buying an investment property
- Borrowing against equity
- Interest only loans
- Offset accounts for any extra cash
- Who in the couple should own the property
- Tips and traps when upgrading and renting out your family home as an investment
- Why paying tax is something to be managed, not to be afraid of
- Some examples and scenarios
If you’d like to discuss any of this further, or have any questions please get in touch.
More articles about investment properties
We have a few other articles about investment property matters, if you’d like to scroll through them click here.
Learn more tips for optimising your business
There are many tricks to the trade, and if you want to make the most of them to grow your business, jump into our email newsletter: