Businesses which have already received a $5,000 BSFe grant, or have applied for one, will not need to re-apply. Successful applicants will automatically receive this additional allocation.
The Victorian Government announced updated restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria External link (opens in same window) to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria.
- Stage 4 restrictions are in place from 6pm on Sunday 2 August for metropolitan Melbourne.
- Stage 3 restrictions are in place from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August for Regional Victoria, including Mitchell Shire.
These restrictions mean that many businesses will have to operate in a limited capacity or can no longer operate.
To support businesses impacted by these restrictions, one-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses under the Business Support Fund – Expansion program:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
Applications for the program will be extended until 14 September 2020.
Updated guidelines and information will be provided in the coming days.
This program is in addition to the first round of the Business Support Fund, which closed on 1 June 2020.
Updated Guidelines and FAQs will be available soon.
What is the eligibility?
Businesses can apply where they meet all the criteria listed below. They must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or regional Victoria
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- employ people
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
Business owners that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program. Employing businesses must provide their WorkCover Employer Number in the application form for verification.
What evidence do I need?
Applicants must certify that they meet the eligibility criteria and must provide evidence of the address of their eligible business operation through their most recent:
- utility bill (gas, electricity, telecommunications, water), lease agreement; or council rate notice.
- evidence of their participation in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
Similar to JobKeeper, you can either do this yourself, or engage us to take care of this grant on your behalf.
More information about this Government grant can be found here.
We’ll be in touch with clients once we know more information.