On the 2nd October the Victoria Government announced they would support construction businesses with cash grants for the 2 week closure of the construction industry.
Applications are now open.
If you are a managed business client of ours, in the construction industry, and we think you are eligible, we will be in touch personally.
If you’re not a managed business client of ours and would like to talk about becoming one, please feel free to get in touch.
What is the eligibility?
- Businesses must have a worksite located in metropolitan Melbourne, the City of Greater Geelong, Mitchell Shire or Surf Coast Shire.
- Businesses must have incurred direct costs because of restrictions in place between 21 September – 4 October, which have not been partially or fully recovered.
- Business must not have been able to operate remotely between 21 September – 4 October.
- Must not have received a Business Costs Assistance Program Round 2 or Business Costs Assistance Program Round 2 – July extension payment or Small Business COVID Hardship Fund payment
- Must be registered under a relevant construction sector ANZSIC code
- Must have a Victorian payroll of less than $10 million a year
- Must be registered for GST
When do applications open?
Applications are now open.
When do applications close?
9th November 2021.
How much can I get?
One-off grants of:
- $2K for eligible non-employing construction industry businesses
- $2,800 for businesses with an annual payroll of up to $650,000
- $5,600 for businesses with an annual payroll of $650,000–$3 million
- $8,400 for businesses with an annual payroll of $3 million–$10 million.
I’ve already received other grants, will that matter?
Businesses must have not previously received support under the Business Cost Assistance Program or the Small Business Covid Hardship Fund.
As for the Covid Disaster payment which is federal and through MyGov – this isn’t clear as yet.
Guidelines will be published next week (apparently).
Who is technically classed as ‘construction’?
Businesses in 26 ANZSIC classes (industry codes) will be eligible for support under the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction.
The specific industry codes can be found on the government website here.
How do I apply?
Applications aren’t open yet, but you will be able to either do this yourself or we can do it for you similar to other grants.
If you are a current managed client of ours and we think you are eligible, we will reach out personally.
Is there any more information?
We will be sending out an email with all information we have, and an updated one once we know more.
You already knew the news that would affect your business
We make sure what you need to know is in your inbox before it becomes urgent. Subscribe to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve: