Who can apply for the grant?
To be eligible, you must:
- be located within Victoria
- be registered as operating in an eligible industry sector identified in the list of Eligible ANZSIC classes (as defined by the industry classification linked to the business’ ABN)
- have incurred costs (as outlined in Section 5 of the guidelines) as a direct result of the circuit breaker action announced on 12 February 2021
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST) on 12 February 2021
- hold an Australian business number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 12 February 2021.
Note on evidence of eligibility:
- If you are an employing business, you will need to provide the WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN) linked to the business
- Non-employing businesses (such as sole traders) need to provide an eligible proof of identity document.
How much are the grants?
What do I need to apply for this grant?
When applying for this grant you will need:
- a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors.
- to confirm and attest to the costs you incurred, and commit to retaining evidence of applicable costs for 12 months.
- if you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN).
- if you do not employ people, details of a current proof of identity document (Australian driver’s licence, Australian passport, Medicare card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
Please make sure your ABN registration information and, where required, ASIC registration, or relevant regulator information, is current.
Incomplete or incorrect information may delay your application assessment. Please complete the application correctly and provide all relevant documentation.
How to apply?
The program will be open for applications until the date the program funds are exhausted or 11:59 pm on 16 March 2021, whichever is earlier.
The full details of this grant can be found on the Government website here.
What if I don’t have time to apply or would like Optimised to do it for me?
We get it, business life is full of things to do and conflicting priorities. That’s why we offer to apply for grants like this on behalf of our clients for a small additional fee.