The Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program program provides $1200 rebates so small businesses can access a range of digital business tools.
The Victorian Government has partnered with 14 suppliers to help you build or upgrade your website, improve your cash flow, start online marketing, manage your jobs and projects, and keep better track of stock.
Here’s how it works:
- take free product trials and workshops
- choose one or more of the digital products
- purchase your product and start using it
- apply for the rebate to cover up to 12 months access
- claim your $1200.
There are only a limited number of rebates and you will need to pay ongoing costs for the product after the rebate runs out.
When is the new closing date?
5th December 2021
Who is eligible?
- operate a business located in Victoria that has been in operation before or since 13 September 2019
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have continuously held the ABN before or since 13 September 2019.
What are the products I can choose from?
- Australian Good Food Guide — food and beverage
- Ecwid Inc. — end-to-end retail
- Intuit Australia (QuickBooks) — business management
- Lawpath — legal services
- Mr Yum — food and beverage
- MYOB — business management
- Reckon Limited — business management
- ServiceM8 — trades job management
- Shopify — end-to-end retail
- Square — end-to-end retail
- Squarespace — website creation and e-commerce platform
- Trade Trak — trades job management
- Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) — automotive services
- Xero — business management
How do I apply?
- Use this ABN Checker to see if you are eligible. If you your ABN is valid you will get a link to the application form.
How does the program work?
- See if you are eligible (above) with the ABN checker.
- Do a few trials of programs if you are unsure which one to choose.
- Sign up and purchase your preferred digital product (from the list of partners).
- Apply for this program.
- You receive a rebate of $1.2K to cover 12 months of fees of the product you chose.
- After 6 weeks, approved businesses will be asked to do a survey and confirm they are still using the product.
- Businesses will be required to do a few more surveys as time goes on.
If you’re a client of ours and need help applying please reach out.
If you’re not a client yet, we also encourage you to reach out. If you’re not on Xero as yet you could use this as an opportunity to sign up.
Want to receive information like this in your inbox?
Our email communications have ramped up a bit due to Covid, as we want to ensure our inner circle are informed.
If you’d like to have emails about not just tax tips, business news and ATO due dates – but government grants, local grants, and on trend information to keep you informed.
(And sometimes some witty jokes and team photos) sign up below to our email newsletter.